People Like You: Mary Lee EveVenture Admin
I was laid off during my maternity leave right after I had my first son. I had dreamed of being my own boss, but after experiencing that layoff, I knew for sure that I wanted to step up and finally be in control of my own hours and my own future.
I definitely felt the call to be a stay at home mom and felt that was my greatest purpose in life. Still I wanted more. I wanted to use my talents and my energy to not only be there for my son physically, emotionally, and spiritually, but also to be there financially as the significant contributor that I knew I could be. I wanted to take the sole burden off my husband and to enjoy the daily adult interaction and mental challenges that a successful career life could offer as well.
When I requested information online about working from home here, I was very skeptical at first. Could I really do this? Because there are different ways to participate and you have total control over your pace and your work schedule, it freed me up to at least be able to try it. I am so glad I did!
In my prior career of graphic design and web site design, I lived and breathed from one deadline to the next. My favorite part of working with EveVenture has been the awesome freedom of setting my own goals and deadlines. And I get to decide based on my own time and effort what I earn. As we all know (and like to tell our kids), freedom comes with responsibility. Being your own boss is certainly not for the lazy or faint of heart. It takes motivation and drive and the courage to change, grow and learn every step of the way. It is exciting and rewarding beyond belief!
It was 10 years ago that my search for work at home first started and more recently I've experienced some vivid and powerful reminders of the blessing it is. Last Fall, my older son was in an intense bullying environment at school to the extent that he had to be hospitalized for 4 days and then out of school for about 2 and one-half weeks. During that experience, not once did I have to phone in to a boss to ask permission to be there for my family when they needed me. I could simply choose to be there and rearrange my phone appointments as needed.
Additionally, my income here allows me to actively serve in the Children's Ministry at my church as well as in my community.
EveVenture is For You
EveVenture is for people with diverse professional, educational, and personal backgrounds including:
- Working parents who wish they could be home more often
- Stay at home moms looking for ways to bring in an extra income
- Homeschoolers seeking a way to supplement their income around school hours
- Recent college graduates seeking clarity about what to do next
- Hard working people who feel trapped in their current careers
- People who dream of something more for themselves and their families.
Check us out and you just might find that EveVenture is for you, too!
"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself."— Sara Henderson
More People Like You
- Dawn, OH, Sense of Accomplishment
- Eirena, BC, Loves Flexible Schedule!
- Gibran, MN, Homeschooler
- Jacqui, AU, Australian Mum
- Jodi, MN, Management Background
- Krissy, TX, Stay At Home Mom
- Mary, TX, Web Design Background
- Panthea, OK, Advocacy Background
- Peggy, TX, Fine Arts Background
- Teri, AZ, Crazy Christmas Light House
- Veronica, MI, Works With Nonprofits
- Willene, GA, Elder Caregiver