People Like You: Howard, TX, Dad of 2
I took a four year sabbatical from the corporate world to join my wife in working from home. I experienced so many moments that most dads never see in a lifetime...from first steps to funny phrases to field trips.
When my wife Mary first mentioned the business to me, I asked if this was just one of those cleverly disguised MLM things that would waste our time. Thankfully, I was open-minded enough to support her in trying it out. To my surprise and relief, I was able to quickly discern that this support team and their partner company had an entirely unique business model coupled with solid values and principles like "the truth is always good enough." I met other couples online and in person who'd been able to get completely out of debt and have more time freedom because of this business.
Just before the birth of our second son, I decided to join Mary in doing the business from home. While she was on "maternity leave" with our littlest one, I maintained our call schedule and appointments to keep our business moving forward toward our long-term goals. Then, we began to take a tag team scheduled approach to the business working it together around the developmental needs of our young preschool boys.
I treasure the closeness that I've been able to share with my wife and sons because of this business. Being the class chaperone for every field trip, the lone dad in playgroups, and the chaffeur for rides to school, camping trips and more has been a joy and privilege.
So many men wait until they are grandfathers to really enjoy building legos and having fun times with their families. With this sabbatical, I feel as if I've truly experienced and enjoyed those precious preschool years with my boys that go by so very quickly.
EveVenture is For You
EveVenture is for people with diverse professional, educational, and personal backgrounds including:
- Working parents who wish they could be home more often
- Stay at home moms looking for ways to bring in an extra income
- Homeschoolers seeking a way to supplement their income around school hours
- Recent college graduates seeking clarity about what to do next
- Hard working people who feel trapped in their current careers
- People who dream of something more for themselves and their families.
Check us out and you just might find that EveVenture is for you, too!
"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself."— Sara Henderson
More People Like You
- Dawn, OH, Sense of Accomplishment
- Eirena, BC, Loves Flexible Schedule!
- Gibran, MN, Homeschooler
- Jacqui, AU, Australian Mum
- Jodi, MN, Management Background
- Krissy, TX, Stay At Home Mom
- Mary, TX, Web Design Background
- Panthea, OK, Secure Retirement
- Peggy, TX, Fine Arts Background
- Teri, AZ, Crazy Christmas Light House
- Veronica, MI, Works With Nonprofits
- Willene, GA, Elder Caregiver